This snake looks innocent, but it hospitalized this two-year old with one touch in 2016. Kylie Cook, who was only two years at the time when this incident took place, was supposed to be going through her usual day of preschool school or that was supposed to be the case until her father, Michael, received a frantic phone call from Kylie’s mother and his spouse, Natalie, who was with Kylie at the preschool.
The dread and hysteria in her voice was apparent. It was, of course, almost immediately picked up by Michael that something was not right, and he asked Natalie what was wrong, and the answer that he received from the other end of the call was one that etched itself into his mind. Regardless of the place where you reside or who you are as a person, it’s never a bad idea to collect basic knowledge of the fauna in your surroundings.
By having knowledge of the fauna around you, it means to have an idea about the organisms in your locality that you may or may not encounter on a daily or seasonal basis. The understanding of such things used to be of great importance to our ancestors who were thriving for survival in the wild.
And even though we have come a long way since then and are currently living in vastly different times, by no means does it mean that we should stop working on the improvement of these cognitive abilities. How did the lack of cognitive abilities impact a little girl’s life? Well, a family from Texas received this lesson the hard way after their daughter went through something that could have very well been fatal.
Therefore, cognitive abilities are important. It should not be whether one has an interest in a subject or not, because depending on the place where you live, knowing what to avoid and protect yourself from can turn out to be the only reason that you remain alive.
Because we sometimes forget that other species of animals Besides our own are also present on this planet, and some of them are not too friendly. Parents, especially those living in rural areas, should treat knowing where their offspring is at and what they are doing as a top priority. Kylie, a young girl who was enjoying her day and had been out playing and had been bitten by a venomous snake known as a Copperhead for, which is common to be found in Eastern North America.
This snake is extremely venomous and it impacted the little girl’s hand badly. The little girl’s hand and forearm rapidly started to swell up and blacken at the same time, and her reaction to this made the ordeal that she was going through clear. Her fingers turned black and her whole hand started to balloon out, Michael told ABC Eight News. She cried and shrieked in pain as he saw her hand turn into a balloon. Moments ago, her hand was completely normal and now she could not even look at it without crying in pain.
When she reached the hospital on time, the child was flown to Cook’s children’s hospital as quickly as possible. It’s located in Fort worth where she received the treatment that she needed. Her parents were extremely traumatized and prayed for her wellbeing, the wholeheartedly the doctors were shocked to see the condition of the little girl’s hand as it had lost its color and was swollen due to the venomous snakes bite.
After receiving the adequate treatment she soon bounced back to healthy the hospital showed the pediatric snake bites were averaging from 17 to 25 each year. It was a scary moment.
My heart stopped said Kylie’s mother, Natalie. Now the parents are trying to spread awareness so that people check the places before letting their children play in different playgrounds as these life threatening incidents can occur anywhere.
Depending on the areas you live in, make sure you never leave your children play without checking the surroundings once. Just a moment of carelessness can ruin your child’s whole life.